| chemotherapy infusion #2 |

Tuesday, February 13th. The day I went in for my 2nd infusion. 

I had been battling the flu and an awful cold the week before, so my body was very weak. My oncologist wanted to see me before moving forward with my 2nd infusion. She wanted to ensure that I was strong enough and that my white blood cells were continuing to increase. 

On Sunday and Monday, I still felt tired and weak, but when I woke up on the 13th, my body was ready to fight. My oncologist said everything looked good and we both decided to move forward with my chemotherapy. 

The sooner I complete my infusions.... the sooner I will be DONE.

Darren had to work on the 13th so it was just my mom and me this round. I decided to bring my special blanket that a dear family me ever made for me. This way I can wrap up with all the love from my family. 

You can tell in my eyes from the photo that I still didn’t feel too well and oh so tired! This awful disease is really starting to get me down.....

I didn’t get my last infusion nurse, Susan this time. I got a very young, kinda hyper nurse name Erin. She was no joke with everything. 

I’m not sure if she was so quick because we didn’t start the infusion until 3:00 and they close at 5:00 but she rushed everything.

I got my port pricked quickly after it being numb again and this time it hurt! She then started me on my salon drip. 

Two doctors signed off and we were ready to roll! Chemo time. 

The RED (see below) chemo is always the first one (3 tubes that they manually push through) then the last big bag of my 2nd chemotherapy. 

I was tired and drowsy and it all happened super quickly. The good thing is I packed a sandwich that I ate during treatment and I believe it saved me as I felt a little more nauseous than the first round. 

Mom drove me home and I pretty much went straight to bed & slept all night. 

This shit wears me out!!! 

I got up the following day and went for my walk, but I pushed myself as I barely made it home and back up to bed. Exhausted was an understatement.

More nausea, a little more exhaustion, food is starting to taste strange, water tastes like metal (gross!!), and smells make me want to gag. But give me all the citrus and I’m good. 

Oh and did I mention that I was home alone on Saturday, 2.17 and decided to take a shower. And BOOM.... hair EVERYWHERE. Called Darren to pick up a razor (see previous post). Bye bye hair....

It’s Wednesday, 2.21 and today was the first day that I started to feel ok. But this chemo round took a solid week. A week of napping and resting frequently, eating when I can, staying hydrated and still taking my immunity shots to help me get through. Tomorrow is my last day of my shots for this round. 


Then I rest for the weekend and start all over again on Monday, 2.26 bloodwork and expansion (if my white blood cell count comes back good) Tuesday 2.27, my 3rd infusion. Ugh......

I’m nervous of how I will feel after all of these infusions start to compound together. I’m not used to feeling this weak but I keep crossing off my dates and knowing that I’m one step closer to being done with this mess. 

I’m going to try and start working on March, after I get my doctor’s permission. To be honest, I’m terrified to add one more thing to my plate. I’ll be working from home, which will be nice, but hoping I can work a couple hours during my off treatment weeks and stay connecting. I seriously never in a million years thought this pink journey would be this hard. SO DAMN hard. 

But I’ve leaned in on my tribe to help with meals, cleaning, day care, picking up the kids, & financially for groceries/supplies/bills. I wouldn’t be standing as strong if it weren’t for all of you. Yes, it’s taken me longer to finish this post. But I’m here, I’m alive, and I’m doing it!!! 

Kiss your family, hold your babies, give someone a compliment.... life is too short to have it any other way.

Love you all to the moon,




Popular posts from this blog

Hormone Therapy

Reconstruction Sugery 

One Year Since I Started this Mess